Lost Pond Trail: .9 miles
Wildcat Ridge Trail: 5.1 miles
Carter-Moriah Trail: 2.6 miles
Carter Dome Trail: 1.9 miles
Nineteen Mile Brook Trail: 1.9 miles
Total Miles: 12.4
- Solo hike, weather was terrific (65 degrees) up until Carter Notch Hut
- Wildcat Ridge Trail was steeper than I expected!
- Magnificent views from the top Wildcat ski area into the ravines of Mount Washington and the Northern Presidentials
- Within minutes of summiting Carter Dome, temperature dropped 10-15 degrees, wind picked up, sky turned black, rain, hale, thunder and lightening all around me
- Ran down trail to Zeta Pass to safety and aborted my original plans on hiking the rest of the Carter-Moriah Trail to Mount Moriah
Pictures: Forgot my camera!
Carter Notch Pond