Date of Hike: 1/15/21
Blueberry Ledge Trail: 3.9 miles / Rollins Trail: 2.5 miles / Dicey's Mill Trail: 5.5
Total Miles: 11.9 / 4,094' elevation gained
- On Friday morning Sarge and I drove over to Ferncroft for another easy winter hike over Mount Whiteface and Passaconaway. With temps predicted to be above freezing at 4,000 feet we got an early start, 7:45AM, while it was still cold to avoid the trails becoming a little slippery.
- All trails were well packed down and perfect for light traction. The ledges were pretty straight forward, Sarge needed only one boost up on the first scramble, and motored up all the others with ease.
- Views from the ledges were pretty good with clouds floating below and above us, however once we hit the Rollins Trail we were in the clouds for the cruise across the ridge between peaks.
- Sarge set a decent pace throughout the hike/run and the trails were very quiet as we saw three hikers and a dog on the Blueberry Ledge Trail and five hikers and a dog while descending the Dicey's Mill Trail.
- We finished at 10:45AM arriving back to an almost full trailhead. With temps warming up and feeling like April it was nice to get changed in the warm sun and relax at the Jeep before heading back home for lunch. :)
Sarge patiently waits at the Blueberry Cutoff junction