Mount Moosilauke: Rainy Day Moose

Date of Hike: 8/9/13

Asquam Ridge: 3.9 miles  /  Beaver Brook: 1.9 miles  / Gorge Brook: 3.7 miles
Total Miles: 9.5, (2,600 feet elevation gain)

Trip Report
- Quick rainy day hike up the Moose! There were no views to be had but still it was a pretty cool feeling to be above treeline and have the mountain all to myself as I summited the round open summit. The winds were whipping pretty good on the summit, as is the norm for Moose, luckily it was just spitting rain out so it wasn't too bad. I found a spot out of the wind so we hunkered down, had a bite to eat, and relaxed until it got too chilly and I headed down the Gorge Brook Trail.
- The hike down went quickly as rain poured down upon me.  I'm not a huge fan of being soaking wet but the warm temps and quiet trails it was quite peaceful. :) 

 Baker River

 Flooded Beaver Brook Trail

2 comments:

  1. I almost asked if you wanted to tag along with us last weekend not knowing you did it recently. I'm thinking of heading up weekend after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in Baxter for vacation Labor Day week, should be back in the Whites by Friday night the 6th. I'll send you a text to see what you're hiking on the Saturday and maybe tag along!

      Delete