Belknap / Gunstock / Major

Date of Hike: 1/26/14

Overlook Trail / Blue Trail / Brook Trail / Mount Major Trail / Bushwhack: 9.5 miles (3,500 feet elevation gained)
 
Trip Report:
- Sunday's plan was to do a Belknap Range Traverse but with the wind and cold temps I cut that short and did a nice quick hike of Belknap and Gunstock. 
- I ascended the Overlook Trail.  It ended up being a really nice trail as the Overlook Trail was pretty with some nice outlooks along the way. 
- Once gaining the ridge I headed up to Belknap and climbed up the tower.  The little room up top was closed but we still had a great view of Lake Winnipesaukee. 
- I had a quick hike back down to the car and since it was still early I decided to do a speed hike up to Mount Major.  
-  It was a quick and easy jaunt up to the summit and when I reached the top I took a few pics then booked it back down the mountain. 
-  It was a fast and furious descent and a lot of fun, even going off trail through the open woods and making my own way off the mountain through unbroken fluffy snow!

 Heading up some glades

 Overlook Trail

 Couple of hikers heading up to Mount Major's Summit

 Lake Winnipesaukee

No comments:

Post a Comment